Thursday, December 18, 2014

Thursday, December 18, 2014

Dear Famry,
   Sorry if this email is kinda short I have been feeling rather sickly. My good friend Sister Tan has been hacking all over the apartment all week and lo and behold I am sick now :( but its all good. I am definitely not surprised to hear that Elise is sick I think I would be more surprised to hear if she wasn't sick. Why do you have such baby germs Leese? So it is kinda strange not being home during Christmas time but it is also nice because this is definitely a year that I have focused the most on the Savior. I know that I will only get 2 Christmas' to be on a mission and it is a blessing to be serving the Lord at this special time of year.
   Wow so only one more week until I get to speak with y'all! Woop! I will actually just be calling and I signed up to call at 11 so it will be 10 your time is that good? The call will be like 40-50 minutes so lets not get crazy. I have had a great week just adjusting to the new transfer. Sister Garcia is just the sweetest thing. Just 5 minutes ago she asked me dead serious, "What does it mean to be a straight up G?" I was dying laughing I love the questions I get here. She also thinks I am hilarious so I approve. We have been getting along great we just haven't got to spend too much time together because she is district leader so she goes on a ton of exchanges with Sisters for meetings and what not. Yeah, so there are three different apartment complexes that the church owns around Temple Square that all us Sisters stay in. I am on the same floor as Sister Cardus, Sister Sughroue, and Sister Rajah so we all exercise together in the mornings and it is the best, i love it.
   Our investigators are doing well. Unfortunately, Charles' date has been pushed back again. He is having a hard time with the coffee situation but we will keep praying that he will be strong enough to quit so he can be baptized asap. We were able to put another lady named Stephane from Texas on date. I met her when she called in a couple months ago to receive a Book of Mormon. We are looking forward to skyping her baptism on January 10th!
   So thanks again for putting those packages together for my companions. I would ask that you put something more special together for Sister Garcia. Just a few days ago she told me that she lost her mother 4 years ago to breast cancer. She was just 16 years old. Her father was left alone to take care of her and her 5 siblings. Her and her younger brother have blessed their family so much because they are both serving missions right now. She expressed to me how grateful she was for the one package she received last year from her father with a scarf and a note. She said how big of a deal that was for her dad to send a package because her family is very poor. When I heard this story I went into the bathroom and just cried for a while. The people that are here in this mission are humbling me and changing my perspective on so many things. I am so grateful for our Savior Jesus Christ and for the wonderful gift that he is to all of us. Let us all take some time to truly embrace the gift this Christmas. I love you and look forward to speaking with you soon. Mewwy Chwistmas (Dr. Brayden voice.)
♥ Sister Leavitt
P.S. Who wants the gizzard? Meeee! TOO LATE!! That would be mine...!
 
 
Temple Square Guest Services, this is Sister Leavitt
 
Selfie for the Christmas card

No comments:

Post a Comment