Monday, August 10, 2015

Monday, August 10, 2015

Hey peeps!
The last weeks here are flying by. The Oakland temple was closed for a couple of weeks because they put in a reflection pool in front of it. It reopened a couple of days  ago. The VC has been really busy. I am super grateful for that.
Today we spent all morning doing service for an old woman who broke her hip named Sister Stokes. Let me paint a picture for you of what her house looks like. In front of her house she has about 4 prune trees that are overgrown and massive.  There are rotten prunes just everywhere you look and the smell is as horrible as you can imagine. I was unintentionally making prune jelly with my shoes just walking into her house. The inside of the house could put a hoarder to shame. Anyways, you get the point. I dont want to be too harsh. We decided to start in the kitchen. Her son said "okay ladies, lets get to work" and handed us 4 rags and a bucket of soapy water. In that moment I felt that God had handed me a perfect slice of trial pie. Even though my gag reflexes were not cooperating with me, I rolled up my sleeves and we scrubbed every nook and cranny of that kitchen until it was clean...or much MUCH cleaner than it was. I love my mission because it has given me opportunities to do things that I never would have done before. I am grateful for my Savior who is a perfect example of service and charity. I know that if Christ was on the earth today we would be found in those circumstances offering service and relief to those in need. 

Love and miss you all,
Sister Leavitt




 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment