Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Monday, August 24, 2015

Well everyone, I have made it three months here in Oakland and I have yet to get shot or join the Crips. So, I would consider my time here so far a pretty big success. I still have a few days left so maybe I shouldn't speak too soon.

This week we had a little good bye meeting/party at the Visitors Center for me and the two other sisters from Temple Square that are going back with me. We were all able to bear our testimonies and shed a few tears. I really am grateful that I was able to go back to the VC even on my outbound. I was definitely born to be a VC sister. I love it so much! It was also sad saying goodbye to a lot of people at church yesterday. I taught the Gospel Principles class and let everyone know that I was leaving at the end. Many people came up to me and said that they would miss me and that they loved me so that made me feel good :) The Hayward 1st ward will always have a special place in my heart for sure. 

On Friday, we were teaching Michael at the park when I noticed this guy come and sit at a picnic table behind us. Immediately after we sat down, the spirit told me to get up and go over to talk to him. Nobody hates awkward encounters like that more than me so I tried my best to brush it off. The spirit was relentless though and I could not even focus on what we were teaching Michael. After about 10 minutes I could not ignore the prompting anymore so I got up right in the middle of the lesson and went over to talk to him. His name is Alejandro and he was so happy that I came and talked to him. He said earlier that day he had been thinking about his purpose here on Earth. I told him that we have the answers and set up a time to meet with him next saturday. I am not sure what will become of it but I am definitely happy that I followed the promptings of the spirit. The Lord can use us if we are willing. While I was talking to him, S. Tshibola continued to teach Michael and set a baptismal date for September 26th. Sooo it was a great day! I am so grateful for the spirit :)

This Thursday I will hit my year mark. What the what?! I feel like I should be a better person than I am by now but I know that I have changed a lot. I am so grateful for my Savior, Jesus Christ and for his atonement that allows me to purify myself every day. I know that the Book of Mormon is true and that it was translated by the Prophet Joseph Smith. I know this church is the same organization that Jesus Christ established when he was on earth. I know he will come again! I can't wait to return to Temple Square it really is my favorite place on earth. I love my mission and I love all of you. 

-Love,
Sister Leavitt
 
Wow, I love the Tagilala family!

Weekly planning vibes
 

No comments:

Post a Comment