Monday, January 18, 2016

Friday, January 15, 2016

Hahah 19 days and counting! 
The work is going good! Yes it is a rough balance between worrying about the future but wanting to stay here and just coming to terms with everything. I guess missions don't last forever :( We are still staying busy here. There is always something to do and someone to teach so I am grateful for that. We had to say good bye to President and Sister Poulsen this week and that was weird. They just packed up their stuff and left like it was allowed. They did a lot for this mission and forever changed my life for the better. We got a new mission president yesterday! President and Sister Risenmay from Washington state! They spoke to us yesterday in Relief society and they are amazing, and definitely really excited to be here. The Lord knows what he is doing when he calls his leaders, that's for sure. We had zone leader meeting with him afterwards and it was great. He has a lot of awesome new ideas. 

I don't think I've taken an English tour all transfer I take at least one mandarin tour a day and I love it. It's like the dead of winter and you would not expect that many mandarin tourists but no, they still come every day. I know a couple phrases in mandarin and when I say them they get super excited and clap for me and then I bow and it's really ridiculous and cute. 

There has been a flu epidemic in the mission and I've been going on exchanges with sick sisters from the zone and taking care of them (giving them ibuprofen and praying for them). Then I ended up getting sick on Wednesday. It's like one sister gets sick and then we have a plague. I guess that's what happens when your mission boundaries are two blocks. 

I talked to Fred yesterday and he's doing awesome. He got his patriarchal blessing, is taking Melchizedek priesthood classes, and is preparing to serve a part time family history mission. He is a huge inspiration to me and one of my good friends. Yay Fred. 

As for our current investigators we have a lot if "Ni Haos."  I am still trying to keep track and all but I can't understand a lot of what's going on. I think it's the Lords way of humbling me even in my last transfer. I'm grateful for that!

I think that's it for this week. It's great to be a missionary!

Loves, 
Sister Leavitt

Asian friends


No comments:

Post a Comment