Monday, January 11, 2016

Friday, January 8, 2016

Hi friends

This week was brutal cause President and Sister Poulsen are leaving next week so
we did all the departing stuff early. We had our departing meeting on
Sunday and that's when Pres P gives us all super great life advice and
makes us cry. Then I had my departing interview on Tuesday and that
was surreal. He gave me a really sweet blessing then said "love you
Sister Leavitt, wish I had 100 more missionaries like you" 😭😭 Then
we had a surprise "goodbye meeting" for them where each zone did
something different for the performance, our zone did the EFY medley.
The water works in the meeting were more intense than the Bellagio.

We did minute to win it zone activity (missionary edition) and it was
way fun. Zone training meeting and zone activity are done now so
that's always a nice feeling.

We have a lot of Chinese investigators and I think they are doing
pretty good. We have one lady from Hong Kong named Amy Wong on date
for feb 10th! We met her at the beginning of the transfer in my first
mandarin tour.  My Chinese name is Sister Lai in case you were
wondering. We have a lot more Chinese peeps but it's hard to keep
track. The only one I can remember is our investigator Ja Wey and
that's only because his name sounds like John Wayne.

I have been teaching a less active named Eric for like 6 months now.
We meet every week and he has improved quite a bit. He has a goal to
get to the temple. This week it slipped out that I was going home soon
and he about went into cardiac arrest. We are working on having him
having a solid testimony in Jesus Christ and not relying on others.

Thanks to everyone who sent me letters on Christmas! The holidays were
really amazing here and I am really missing the lights already. Hasta
Luego amigos.

-Sister Leavitt ❤️💋






No comments:

Post a Comment