Thursday, January 1, 2015

Thursday, January 1, 2015

Dear fam,
    Feliz ano nuevo!!! No I really can not believe it is 2015. I celebrated by retiring to bed a couple minutes early to bring in the new year right. This has been my favorite way of celebrating so far. I think I might do it from now on. This week has been good just wrapping up the holiday season. Today is the last night for the lights and I am kinda bummed. I will miss the crowds of people as things start to slow down. It will be good though because we will really get to focus on our investigators.
    I am really learning how important it is to have the spirit with me all the time so I can teach on the fly. On Saturday night Sister Garcia and I were informed that we were supposed to speak in a local ward on Sunday morning at 9. I printed off my topic that night, read like the first two paragraphs, said a prayer, and walked to the pulpit all while holding back tears and vomit. I was so nervous but I think it went good. My topic was based on the talk by Dieter F. Uchtdorf called "Your Potential, Your Privilege." I talked about how Mom would always tell me how much potential I had and how I did not understand it. I told about how one year at dance camp I received the award of "most potential" and how mad I was about it. To me potential meant, "You're not good now.....but one day you might be.....maybe" I talked about the privileges we have as latter day saints to share the gospel and to live the gospel ourselves. I know that as children of God we have so much potential to help others come closer to Christ. I consider it such a blessing to be raised in the gospel and it is such a blessing to be able to share this with people from all over the world. It reminds me of the hymn "Because I have been Given Much I Too Must Give."
    Exchanges are finally done. I went on exchanges with my zone leader, Sister Tui from Australia, on Saturday. It went really well but at the end we were evaluating each other and I kid you not she told me, "You have a lot of potential Sister Leavitt." I wanted to die. Hahah I can not wait for this potential to be reached some day :)
     On Temple Square we only have about 2-3 minutes to: 1. Get to know the person. 2. Discern their needs 3. Testify 4. Ask if they want to learn more. 5. Do this all before they run away. The thing I have been working on more is just getting to the point of the gospel instead of getting off on some tangent about their pets or the weather or something.
      I love you family, I really do. It was hard being away for Christmas and New Years but there is no where else I would rather be. I am already 4 months in can you believe it? Stay strong and try not to miss me too much.
-Loves,
Sister Leavitt ♥
 
I didn't take any pics this week. This is one from the MTC. Pday, going to do laundry.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment