Monday, January 26, 2015

Monday, January 26, 2015

Hi Fam!
     It has been too long! 11 days without a P-day is too long! A lot has happened since the last time I talked to you! A large amount of the mission left on Wednesday and one of those dear Sisters that left is my BFF Sister Tan. We have grown really close from living together my first 3 transfers and it was hard to watch her go but it is okay cause she already invited herself to be in my wedding so I will see her if/when that happens :)The Lord blessed Sister Garcia and I with the opportunity to teach and baptize 2 of our investigators before the transfer ended. Ryan got baptized on the 17th of January and German got baptized on the 18th. We met Ryan on Temple Square and the Elders in the SLC mission were able to work with us in teaching him and baptizing him within a couple of weeks. He is 16 years old and had a tough past but the Elders were really able to relate to him and help him quickly. He actually had a court case a couple days before the baptismal date and there was a large chance that he would go to Juvy but after much prayer and fasting the judge allowed him to community service instead. It was an incredible blessing to see his conversion and how the atonement can change every aspect of a person including their physical appearance and domineer. He is just such a great kid and it was incredible being able to teach him. I have such a strong testimony of the atonement and I have been able to see it working through people right before my eyes. I have also been able to apply it to my life every single day. This is something that I did not even really know was possible but it is something that my trainer taught me and it has made a huge difference in my life and within my mission. We were so blessed to be able to attend Ryans baptism it was a really great experience. German was baptized in Mexico! We tried to skype it but the connection was really bad so we only heard bits and pieces. It is so fun seeing these people that I teach for the first time cause a lot of the time they look a lot different than how I imagined! 
     It has been a really great transition though I am really happy! Sister Yunda is the bomb. She is the cutest little Ecuadorian we have a good time together. This transfer so far has just been really nice we are both fairly new in the mission and have a lot of learning to do together so we have just been taking it day by day and have been blessed with finding a lot of new investigators. We found 8 just in this past week and we put 3 of them on date yesterday. I have been lucky because I haven't had to move apartments at all so that is way nice. I am not at Guest Services anymore but I do have a new assignment as Supply Coordinator. So naturally I coordinate the Supplies that come in to Temple Square like all the pass along cards and maps and what not. Pretty exciting huh? No its fun we get to be gangsters and roll around a little wagon full of supplies for every one so its cool :)
      Austin is turning into a stud every Sister that sees the Christmas card says "Who is that?!" Sister Tan and Sister Cardus pretend to fight over him in front of me because I get really mad and they think its funny so Aust you should feel cool!!! Also, I have come the the conclusion that you got a dog to replace me. It is the only logical explanation. You have gone like 25 years without a dog and the moment that I leave you get one to try and fill my presence in the house? Did it work? Anyways I am really hungry so I am going to go now but I love you all so much! Peace and blessins.
 -Sister Leavitt ♥
A little piece of my heart went back to Thailand on Wednesday :( I love my sister Tan sooo much!!!

Sister Yunda and I :)
Ryan's Baptism!

No comments:

Post a Comment