Thursday, January 15, 2015

Thursday, January 15, 2015

HI!
     I can't believe this is the last week of the transfer! Transfer conference is on Monday and I am kind of nervous because I know for sure that I am getting a new companion. We found out yesterday that Sister Garcia is going to be a Zone Leader! So cool, I am basically just a Zone Leader trainer. All my companions becomes ZLs :) She is going to be great though. I just wish we didn't find out so early cause now I'll be nervous all week. We also found out who is going outbound next transfer and all of the Sisters in the class above me except maybe 5 are going outbound so that means I might be next! I am excited to see what will happen but I know that it will be either next transfer or the one after that.
      I had a lot of great experiences this week as usual! When I said that we have no idea who we will take on a tour I was not kidding. A couple days ago we took three cute little Monks on a tour and it was a really cool experience. Monks are hard core in what they believe. They dedicate their entire lives to Buddhism and just travel and teach people all the time. It was really interesting teaching them because they are really religious people and yet they don't believe in Jesus Christ. It was hard for me to understand. One of my favorite things to do is take people to the Temple Model and testify that families can be together forever. When I was explaining this to these three little monks they had the biggest smiles on their faces and the spirit was so strong. All three of them accepted copies of the Book of Mormon. One of them said "thank you for sharing that Sister" and then he actually gave us his number and told us to call him in a couple days. Well we called him yesterday and he said "No, I can not, I am Buddhism," but it was a cool experience anyways.
   Update on Charles: I talked to John again on Wednesday and he fed me some malarkey about him finding out that Charles got stabbed. I believed him but then I called Charles yesterday and found out that was NOT TRUE. More importantly though, he answered! He is going to come back to Temple Square on Saturday and I can not wait to see him again. He is one of my most favorite people in the world. When we talked yesterday he said he missed me and Sister Cardus and that he knows he is going to get baptized someday.
    Some other good news is that we have a baptism on Saturday! His name is German and he is from Mexico. We found him on chat at the beginning of the transfer and he committed to baptism about a week later. He is really great we are excited to skype him this Saturday.
     One last item of business. My eyesight! I think I need reading glasses :( I talked to Sister Poulsen about it and she told me to go to Costo and get an eye test and maybe buy some glasses but I need monies for that. If you could help me out with that it would be much appreciated!
      Please tell the Shyface family thank you for me! They sent me a super nice package with some delicious cookies. I have the best support system back home. I love you all! Thanks for the Christmas card too. Sister Tan was looking at it and she says she wants to marry Austin so she can be a part of our family. Is that okay, Aust? She is only like 10 years older than you, hahaha!
      Anyways next week I have no idea what is going to happen or when my Pday is going to be because we find out all the changes on Monday and then we start the new transfer on Wednesday so if my Pday is changed to like Tuesday or something I have to wait a week and a half.....bummer. But it will be good! Great things are ahead! This transfer went by super fast and I have learned so much from Sister Garcia. She has more compassion than anyone I know. I love the Lord and I love my mission. I will talk to you all eventually :) Bye now.

Loves, Sister Leavitt ♥
This is really ugly but I got an eye infection so my dear, kind companion was putting drops in and I was being a complete baby & spazzing out!


    

No comments:

Post a Comment