Monday, February 16, 2015

Monday, February 16, 2015

Hi Fam,
Thanks so much for the package I really loved it! Those packages really make my day so thank you. Its funny, I thought you sent me some healthy food then I looked inside the fruit box and found cookies! Also, I went to my eye exam last Monday and turns out I am a little bit nearsighted. He said glasses are not completely necessary but if I want them I can get them. I think I will get them just to wear sometimes. I am going to set up an appointment this week and order some if that's okay?
Things are going really well here on the square. I can not believe that it is week 5 of this transfer and my time with S. Yunda could possibly be coming to an end :( Just so you know if I am going out bound next transfer I would find out next Monday and they want us to call and let you know where I am going! So be watching out for that potential call :) Don't get your hopes up too high though because I am not positive that I am going. Either way I would be happy because I have a lot of people I am teaching now who will be more prepared for baptism next transfer. So basically "Ill go where you want me to go Dear Lord." Except maybe not Las Vegas Nevada out bound...please no.
Yvon got baptized on Saturday! I did not even try to ask her if we could skype cause I know she does not know what that is (She's in her late 70s and I have been teaching her for 3 months and I have to tell her my name every time) but I did get to talk to her shortly after the baptism and she said she felt "lifted." Her fiancé Richard baptized her and they were both so excited about that. They are so sweet together and I am so glad they found each other. I am grateful that the Lord prepares the hearts of his children long before the missionaries come into the picture. I know that the gospel of Jesus Christ is for all ages, colors, shapes, and sizes. It is truly a plan of happiness created for every person. Jose Luna's baptismal date got moved to this weekend so his wife who is a member could attend. We are very excited for him and his wife this has been a much anticipated day for both of them. I love working with Spanish people so much it has really been a blessing having such a big part of my mission dedicated to teaching and learning from them.
Guys, my dream came true this week. I got a referral from Africa! I can't remember if I told you about Kevin but I met him a couple weeks ago on chat. Kevin got sent here to the U.S from Cameroon Africa because it is not safe there in his Country. I am not so certain about the whole story because it is kind of hard for me to understand him, but you know all of that craziness that is going on there? Yeah he got sent here to avoid that. He has been here for maybe a month and he remembered going to a LDS church service in Africa and he knew it was true so he got on chat to try and find out more. Kevin is just the homie he is so cool and prepared and he asked if we could teach his family in Africa. We are now teaching his cousin Allen who is still in Cameroon. The phone lines are a little sketch but we were able to send him to the nearest church and he says he knows it is true as well. Like I said the Lord is preparing the hearts of his children all over the world. I can not wait for the day when the gospel "has penetrated every continent, visited every clime, swept every country, and sounded in every ear, till the purposes of God shall be accomplished, and the Great Jehovah shall say the work is done." For now the work is not done so I will continue working :) I love and miss you all! Thanks for the support and prayers.
much love always,
Sister Leavitt ♥

 
 
Cookies!


Sister Yunda-"Hey lets take a selfish!"
Me-"Uhhh...you mean a selfie?"
Sister Yunda-"Yeah that one."
 

​Galentines Date!
​My home ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment