Monday, February 23, 2015

Monday, February 23, 2015

Shalom,
This week was good with much anticipation about out bound but alas I am not going. Oh well! All is well because I get to be here for conference. Unreal that it is almost conference time again. I am happy for Sister Yunda because she is going out bound to the Texas Houston South mission. It is the same mission that S. Cardus went to so I guess they send all the Latinas there. So, since she is leaving that means another new companion! Maybe another Spanish speaker, I hope.
Remember my rant about Anthony? The one that called in because somebody gave him a pass along card? Well, I lost contact with him for about a month and then this Friday I got a hold of him and he did indeed get baptized and confirmed on Feb 8th! That was the highlight of the week for sure.
Teaching my African friends is so fun. Allen (the one in Cameroon) is a really huge inspiration. He lives about 3 hours away from his church but he is so faithful that he does what it takes in order to get to church every Sunday. I will admit that sometimes it is difficult for me not to teach these people face to face. I am grateful that we will be getting ipads soon and that we will be able to teach them over skype. We have been receiving training on how to further the work through technology and it is amazing the results they have seen so far in other missions. It also gives me a reason to travel the world and visit all these people so that's a bonus.
That's true mom! It is funny how your perspective on things changes so quickly when you are placed in a new situation. For example, I thought 9am church was rough but now I am happy when I go to church at 7:30am. "Oh how the turn tables"-Michael Scott
I know this church is true and I am grateful to be apart of this work and to spend another transfer in this wonderful mission. Pray for me because I am nervous for the assignment I might receive!
Love always and forevers,
Sister Leavitt ♥

Proverbs 3
 ¶Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
 
My baby Ecuadorian is going out bound!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment