Thursday, April 9, 2015

Thursday, April 9, 2015

Hey y'all,
I hope you all enjoyed general conference as much as I did. It's definitely a really special time to be at temple square. We talked to a lot of members and we honestly don't get to do that very often. I know that everyone thinks only members come here. That is so false. We talked to a ton of non members as well. We just looked for the people not wearing church clothes. Boom bang.

 On Friday night sister Bon and I were in the tabernacle and we were talking to a lady named Heidi and her son Morris. They are non members and they are from Germany. We explained to them that they are visiting temple square at a special time and invited them to attend conference the next morning. They accepted and we met them saturday morning and stood in the stand by line with them for about a half hour and gave the whole first lesson. They weren't able to get into the conference center but they watched it in the tab and we met up with them afterwards. They said they were really impressed and loved the emphasis on family. We got their information and are hoping to meet with them on Saturday because they are leaving back to Germany on Sunday. CONFERENCE MIRACLES ARE REAL. I didn't see that many people I knew this conference either which was also a miracle.

Lisa isn't planning on getting baptized this weekend cause her close friend is going out of town and she said she won't be baptized without her there so she's planning for next Friday the 17th. It was kinda sad to hear that but I know it's all in the Lords timing. We have been blessed with good investigators this transfer and I have faith that we will get a baptism! Yes, this is the last week of the transfer. The sisters found out if they were going outbound on Monday and sister Sughroue is going to Virginia and my beloved sister Rajah is going to Montana! I will miss them but I think next transfer after I train it will be my time to go :) 

We had sleep in day on Monday and then we all deep cleaned our apartment. It reminded me of the days of Dottie Adams and the North Shore Inn. Yikies. Also, we had some roommate bonding time during a hymn jam sesh. Sister Bon happens to be an amazing ukulele player.  Our African roommate sister Mere was doing a Broadway version of Master the tempest is raging and we were dying laughing. Sister Bon wrote an epic song about me. I will record it and send it next week. She is just the cutest thing and SO TALENTED!

Looks like you're having a blasty in San Francisco. It's okay I'm not jealous :D

Love your fave missionary, 

Sister Leavitt
 
 
Happy Easter!
 
 
This guy was like "free hugs!" And I was like "hold up bro, I'm a missionary"



Heidi and Morris from Germany are just one example of a conference miracle!

Sunday morning Session


You won't understand how great this is, but this is Elder Moreno from the district, pretty much a missionary celeb! 

Sister Sami from Fiji!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment