Monday, June 15, 2015

Monday, June 15, 2015

HEY,
This week has been great getting used to the NorCal lyfe. Its actually super hot and humid and our air conditioning in the apartment is jank so I spend a lot of my time in front of the fan. It's been fun though I love this area. The members are top notch. They love the missionaries so much! Im not sure I've ever been so loved in my life so I feel blessed. We cover two wards so we get fed basically every night and the food is quality + dessert. They are probably just going to have to roll me back to SLC after these three months because I'll be so large and in charge. We have been keeping ourselves busy with a lot of service and visiting less actives. We are not allowed to knock doors here because unfortunately, the people here are snooty pantzes. The amount of Range Rovers in Blackhawk is the equivalent to the number of tractors in Logandale. They are everywhere and I think they are multiplying! There have been a lot of miracles happening here though. The Saturday before I came here a girl named Chelsea got baptized! She referred herself and was the most platinum investigator. Also, two days after I got here we got a call from the bishop saying that a man named Ted Webb contacted him and that he wants to be baptized! His wife has been a member all her life and never forced it on him but he had a really spiritual experience and he knows he is supposed to be baptized! We have been teaching him 2-3 times a week and he will be baptized the beginning of July. ALAMIRACLES! Good news, I just got a call that I got a new debit card so that will make things a lot easier. Life is great here! I'm grateful that I get to share the gospel and I know this church is so true.
love y'all,
Sister Leavitt


Our recent convert Chelsea at the Oakland temple
 
 
 
 
A member gave us wigs :)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment