Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Hey howdy hey guess whos back on the square?!
Whoaaa this week has been nuts.
My last couple days in Hayward were hard. It was not easy leaving the people there! They are all so sweet and some had a good cry when I left. Some of the families plan to come to Temple Square for conference and christmas so hopefully I get to see some of them again. I also plan to go on vacation there after the mish and visit them :)  It was especially hard to leave my companion Sister Tshibola. The night before I left California I think I got like an hour of sleep because my companion was just a wreck. Yeah, let's just say she did not take it well. It's just tough cause it's like when is the next time I am going to be in Congo?? I know we will see each other again. She said I have to come see her after I go home for my "second coming".
Coming back to Temple Square was kind of a surreal feeling. The mission has changed SOO much I swear I don't know anyone anymore cause a ton of sisters went home and even more new sisters came in. I got an awesome welcome from many familiar faces though and that was soo nice! On Thursday (the day after I got back) was my year mark! Gadfries! Gadfreys? Gadfrees? I am officially here "over a year." That was a crazy day as well! I was so out of it and I had district meeting that day. I was just not all there. I am pretty sure I was exhausted but I tried my best and it went pretty well. When I found out who was in my district a couple weeks ago I could not contain my excitement! I was losing it! Now in person it is even better. We have had so much fun together and are super close already.
So as district leader, I have to do exchanges with all 6 sisters in my district for 12 hours. I started them on monday with Sister Li from China. It was so fun. She is in her third transfer so she still does not know english very well but when she does bear her testimony it is so powerful. I have already learned so much from the sisters in my district and from this mission.
Beehive house as been a little stressful so far because of course they did the Beehive training like 2 days before I got back so I know nothing about the place. There is a Beehive guide that is like a dictionary long that I have been trying to study in my "free time". I have basically been living on a prayer this past week and letting sister burke take the lead cause she has served there before. Oh by the way my new companion Sister Burke from Brisbane Australia is awesome! We get along just great. I think she might be the craziest companion I have had so far. I find myself shaking my head and laughing a lot. Shes in her fourth transfer and she's a great missionary. This transfer is going to be just as amazing as I thought it would for sure.
Brothers and Seesters I am so grateful for this incredible past year of my life. It has been the best year of my life so far. Thank you so much for your support and prayers, they mean everything :)
Much Love,
Sister Leavitt ♥
Sister Rajah, I've missed you!

Sister Burke is from Australia just like Sister Rajah!



No comments:

Post a Comment