Thursday, October 15, 2015

Wednesday, October 14, 2015



 
YES that story about the ghost is real. Sisters have been having other experiences there too like they hear the piano playing at night and also phantom children running and playing on the third floor. Apparently it always happens around this time of year. We are safe though they are nice little pioneer ghosts and they wont hurt us ;)
This week nothing too eventful happened besides recovering from conference and a whole ton of exchanges. I have three more before the end of the week then I am done. I am doing exchanges with baby Bon tomorrow so that will bring back the mems. She requested that we do it on a Thursday so it would be a "Throw Back Thursday" and I couldn't say no to that. Ah my child.
We always have crazies on the square but we had a super crazy on Friday. Sister Bon described it to her family in an email like this:

INTERESTING OCCURRENCE NUMBER 2 (This one's really interesting):


Right after this lady got taken away by security, a man walked up to the desk.

If I were to describe this man with one word, it would be... intense. His head leaned slightly to the left and he spoke with a very intense Austrian/German accent. Every word was emphasized and every consonant was pronounced very precisely. His eyes never stopped darting around. At first I wasn't sure if he was talking to me or someone else, because he never made eye contact.
"I'M LOOKING FOR AUSTRIAN INVESTIGATORS." His eyes were practically bulging out of his head.
"...Sorry?"
"I'M LOOKING FOR AUSTRIAN INVESTIGATORS. DO YOU KNOW WHERE INVESTIGATORS GO ON TEMPLE SQUARE?"
"I guess that would depend on the missionaries... There's not really a specific spot."
He left. It was weird but whatever. Then he came back a few minutes later and started talking to Sister Leavitt and her companion Sister Burke, who had just walked up to the desk.
"I'M LOOKING FOR AUSTRIAN INVESTIGATORS." We still couldn't tell which sister he was talking to, but Sister Leavitt answered.

"I'm not really sure what you mean."
"I HAVE A FRIEND WHO SAID SOME AUSTRIAN INVESTIGATORS WHO ARE STAYING WITH HIM MIGHT BE HERE TODAY."
"Sorry, I don't really understand-"
"WHERE WOULD INVESTIGATORS GO ON TEMPLE SQAURE?"
"Sir, we don't understand what you are talking about so we don't really know how to help yo-"
"I DON'T NEEEED YOUR HELP. YOU'RE AN AMERICAN. I HATE AMERICANS."

...

...

[?]


As this angry Austrian man was storming away, Sister Leavitt called out, "So why are you here?"
His parting words were very profound. They glittered in their straightforward truthfulness. One could even compare his words to a precious Austrian gem in a dirty American coal mine.

"EVERYONE MAKES MISTAKES!"



CLOSE QUOTE
so yeah that happened. I honestly didnt mean to say "why are you here then?" out loud it just sort of came and then he heard me so that was awkward.
Our Zone activity was today! It was a good time we just got together at a park and played some games. Kind of like a FHE. It was district against district and of course my district dominated the scene.
I am sorry this email is so incredibly lame.
The atonement is real so I will be better next week. I love you all "heaps" (I learned that word from my Australian comp)
-Sister Leavitt
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Oh Erin, your letters are NEVER lame. I love everyone! Look forward to reading them! Love you too!
    Have a great week!
    Sis. J

    ReplyDelete
  2. That should have read every one. Yes, I am a teacher! Ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also love your letters.. I am glad that you are safe and sound after hearing about that disturbed man.. Hope you have a better week and a little less dramatic :=) We love you and will continue to keep you in our prayers..

    ReplyDelete