Thursday, October 29, 2015

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

GREETINGS LOVED ONES
Yes its true I made it into the Ensign but unfortunately I look like a dweebus. I know exactly what that face is. I was trying to act natural and it just did not work. Anywho, its fine. I shouldn't complain at least it is an accurate picture of who I really am, a dweebus.
This week we were able to put another one of our investigators on date for November 8th. His name is Patrick and he is from England. We literally met him about a week and a half ago and he's already on date because he is the most prepared dude I have ever taught. Do you want to know what makes him so prepared? He has already read the entire Book of Mormon and prayed to know if it was true. He has been researching the church for about a year after he found a copy of the Book of Mormon in a Marriott Hotel (yeah!) and he has been wanting to join the church ever since. The kid is only 19! The Book of Mormon makes our job so easy if they just pray about. So powerful! So we have been really blessed lately. We are excited for Patrick! He will get confirmed next transfer.
I gave my farewell on Sunday. Yes I am aware that it is super early but there are a lot of sisters going home these next 2 transfers so APPARENTLY it was my time to shine. It went really well actually. The topic that I was assigned was really inspired, "The Atonement, which can reclaim each one of us, bears no scars. That means that no matter what we have done or where we have been or how something happened, if we truly repent, he has promised that he would atone. And when he atoned, that settled that." It is a quote out of President Packers last general conference talk. It was pretty easy to talk about that one. It was surreal having it be my turn but I still have a while left thankfully!!!
We had the 5k race on Saturday but due to a serious of unfortunate events I was unable to run. I made it back for the breakfast at the end though and that was the best part I am sure. They were some pretty good bagels!
I am getting excited for the holidays. The workers are putting up lights like mad men and dare I say its beginning to look a lot like Christmas. Whoop dee dooo!
Love you all a heap.
Love,
Sister Leavitt
 
5 seconds of fame

Sister Burke can do small eyes like dad!

Sis Burke ready to scare Sis Rajah
 

No comments:

Post a Comment