Saturday, November 14, 2015

Friday, November 13, 2015

Hi.
Wow it's been a while. Last week I started feeling 22 and it was a great birthday. I got a ton of love from the sisters. I don't know if I've ever felt more love from a group of people (besides my fam) in my life! Just a lot of cards and candy and stuff and about 20 of us went to Cheesecake Factory so it was sweet! A lot different than last year when no one knew me haha. Thanks to every one who sent me love!

Since we last talked, Fred got confirmed and Patrick got baptized! Yay! Patrick is legit he is 19 years old and can't wait to serve a mission. He is reading the Book of Mormon with us and he is teaching us the preach my gospel lessons to practice! It's a nice change. He is teaching us a lot. He's cool! I will visit him in London someday.

Regarding the clarification from the first presidency that came out last week, let's just say we've been getting all kinds of haters. There was a protest outside the square last Saturday and they have been coming through the cracks left and right via chat, calls, beehive, and on the square. We had a meeting about it the day after it came out so President Poulsen prepared us well. The thing about it is that it is
not anything new. This has been Gods law since when, the beginning of time and even before? They are just clarifying it and everyone is having a conniption. It has been a real testimony builder to me of planting your testimony on the foundation of Jesus Christ and His chosen servants. "What I the Lord have spoken, I have spoken, and I excuse not myself; and though the heavens and the earth pass away, my word shall not pass away, but shall all be fulfilled, whether by mine own voice or by the voice of my servants, it is the same."-D&C 1:38. That's all I have to say bout dat.

Thirty people went outbound on Wednesday including A LOT of the homies. It was sad saying good bye to them cause I won't see them again while I'm on my mission. We all get really close in this mission cause we see each other all day err day. I even helped baby Bon pack and we cuddled and cried a bit together, real tender. Seriously though, it's cool that everyone is from all around the world but they are just so faaaar! It's fine though it gives me an excuse to travel.

We started a new transfer on Wednesday and I have a new companion! Her name is Sister Mahoney and she's from Nova Scotia Canada. She's cool! We have been low key tight our whole missions and I was hoping I would get to be with her. President asked me Friday if I would be zone leader and it was cool cause he said some nice things and my thoughts about him not liking me too much disappeared. I have this thing where I think most adults with any kind of credibility hate me but I don't think that's the case most of the time. Anyways, it's been great so far. Sister Mahoney is a proud Canadian and she informed me today that they don't even eat Canadian bacon so that was slightly disappointing. We are in guest services this transfer so we did a training for all the new sisters that haven't served there yesterday. We had to go through a bunch of boring info but we tried to make it as painless as possible. We have Zone training meeting next Saturday so we are starting to prepare for that too. Also we are doing a zone activity next pday and there will be food and service so yes there WILL be fun to be had.

This winter is sure going to be a doozie. Holy cow it is cold! I have been on a tights strike until yesterday. I finally gave in, it is too darn cold, For some reason I sent home all my scarves thinking "I
won't need these!" Bummer man. I forgot I had another winter here and this one is already worse than the last. Interesting huh? I knew you all wanted to hear about the weather.

Have a fantabulous week y'all and stay classy.
Love you,
Sister Leavitt



Trying to keep warm!





We made cupcakes without cupcake pans :)



Happy Birthday breakfast


No comments:

Post a Comment