Monday, November 3, 2014

Monday, November 3, 2014

Heyyyy!
Wow another amazing week has already gone by! I hope everyone is doing well and had the best Halloween. Thanks so much for the package it has been fun as you can see from the pictures and my Thai roommates got to try cupcakes for the first time so that was cool! This week has been kind of crazy with transfers and all but I am just so grateful that everything is the same for Sister Cardus and I. The most exciting news for this week was Mary's baptism! We were able to get a hold of the local bishop there in Patterson, CA and they set up a skype account so we were able to see Marys face for the first time and we got to experience the entire baptism. "I looove technology"-Kip Dynamite. She was so nervous it was so cute. It was a really small baptism and that's just the way she wanted it. She actually moved the baptism to Friday so that less people would come haha. She is so wonderful we just love her so much! It has been a true blessing getting to teach her. She was confirmed yesterday and she already is counting down the days when she can go into the temple. We are already making plans for me to come visit her and for us to go inside the San Diego Temple together. The church is true!! On Friday we had a halloween dinner and we went to the Temple, all of us as a mission. What a beautiful sight that was! 200 sisters gathered together in the same temple session was incredible. The spirit was so strong. I know I probably say this a lot but I am so grateful to be in this mission. It is THE BEST, I LOVE IT. Sister Cardus and I did a really long fast yesterday for the new transfer and we have been seeing so many miracles since. Juan came to church yesterday for the first time and he said "it made me feel warm"...but he said it in spanish. I have a firm testimony that the spirit testifies strongly to people through the hymns. While all of us sisters were singing in sacrament he was just holding his heart and he had his eyes closed. It made me tear up. Our baptismal goal this transfer is 5. Our zone leaders think we are crazy but we prayed about it and we feel that the Lord will bless us if we are diligent! We will see how it goes but we feel really strongly that we can achieve it. Oh I also met Al Fox yesterday. The tattooed mormon girl? Do you know her? I love her she is so inspiring. We met in the cross walk so it was a short encounter but it was sweet. I am sorry I do not have a lot of time today. Just know that I love you all and I appreciate you support. Hey ps its my birthday on Wednesday, in case you forgot ;)
-Te amo mucho, Sister Leavitt <3
Happy Halloween! :D

We see this pose too often on Temple Square. So many people getting engaged...


The scriptures are life!

Mary's Baptism! Isn't she beautiful?


YAY! This is Mary and the Elders that taught her in California.

No comments:

Post a Comment