Monday, November 24, 2014

Monday, November 24, 2014

Dear Family,
     NO WAY! GOOO PIRATES!!! Can I say, finally? That's so awesome Aust you have no idea how bummed I am that I missed out on that. It sounds like it was super intense! I was tossing and turning Saturday night not knowing the result and I was speed walking to the computer today to find out! I am so happy! WHOOP! CONGRATS! Hows the ankle dad? Hatin it? Hahahah.
      My week was good of course! I can't believe that it is already week 5 of this transfer and that I will be with a new companion soon. I am coming up on my three month mark, can you believe it? The time is flying it seems like pday every other day now but at the same time when I think about the last time I emailed it seems like forever ago. The days are just filled and I am staying super busy which I am grateful for.
     Speaking of gratitude.....I am so excited for Thanksgiving! Serving at Welfare Square during this time is an absolute blessing. It is packed all the time and I am filling a lot of orders which is really an awesome experience. I have so much to be grateful for. It might be hard being away from my fam this Thanksgiving but fortunately we get to go to members houses! We are going to a members house in Bountiful with one other companionship and I am very thankful for that! You have seen the dinners I make and I am so happy that I get a legit one at least twice a year (thanksgiving and Christmas.) So the lights come on this Friday and we get new schedules. I am so excited! We get assignments in our districts and 3 companionship's will be in one place. Also, because we will be so busy at night time our Pday schedule is changing. Right now my pday starts at 12:30 and goes until the rest of the night but next week my pday will start in the morning and end at 6 so I will be emailing earlier for the next 6 weeks. So just a heads up about that!
    So this week we have still been trying to get rid of the bed bugs :( They are all gone now though, hallelujah! Some of the Senior Missionaries have been helping us out a lot. They washed all of our bedding on really really high heat like 3 times so now all my blankets and towels are crispy and burned! Hahaha I just have to laugh in this situation. It has been an adventure for sure but thank goodness the buggers are gone!
     Our grandpa hick, Tim, was baptized on Sunday! We think he liked it? The guy does not say much and sometimes it is difficult to understand him because of his heavy accent but we are so happy for him. He said "Yup...it was fine." So it was fine! Haha people are so funny. Sadly we did not get to skype it because Sundays are really busy  His wife Cindy is not baptized yet she has a problem with the word of wisdom but we are continuing to teach her. We have been teaching Charles a lot this week and he is just the best. I want you all to meet him. He has church at 1pm and he gets so excited that he shows up to the church at 10am! I wish I had that kind of motivation. He truly has been lead here through the spirit and is so ready to be baptized. He does live here in Salt Lake so we will get to attend the baptism on December 6th.
     We will also be attending a baptism this Saturday in Layton Utah for a Hispanic lady named Gabriella. We met her a couple weeks ago when the local Elders brought her here for a tour. She has come a couple times since then and has invited us to go to her baptism! We are excited for that. She has shown a lot of faith within her family considering most of her family members are against her decision. I admire her for following the promptings of the spirit to be baptized.
       Anyways everything is great here! I just wanted to take a minute to say how grateful I am for all of you. I miss you very much and am bummed I will not be able to see the dog show this year! Record it for me maybe? I am so grateful for my mission and most importantly I am grateful for my savior Jesus Christ. Let us all take time to reflect on the many blessings we have been given this Thanksgiving season!
XoOoOxXxXOXxo
-Sister Leavitt <3
 
Bed Bugs Life! :(

No comments:

Post a Comment