Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Dear friends and fam,
       I guess I am emailing way earlier than I anticipated. I am really frustrated that I do not get to call home because I can not adequately express the experience I have had over the past three weeks. Visitors Center training has been a really amazing experience learning a lot about how to talk to every one and how to transform small talk into gospel principles. On Saturday we got to do a little prison break and go to temple square for a couple hours and actually got paired up with a trainer there. It was really amazing. When I walked on the temple grounds the spirit was so strong and it was affirmed to me that this is the place I am supposed to be at this time. It was so neat walking around and talking to people about the gospel. Although I have been to T2 several times this time was way different. It felt like it was the first time I had been there. I guess that comes with becoming a missionary, it brings a whole new spirit. Every sister there is SO FRIENDLY! It is a skill I need to acquire and get used to because it is a little over bearing some times. I am probably going to come home 10x nicer than I was when I left. But how is that possible when I was so nice in the first place right? Every sister is from these crazy, exotic, foreign places and I'm like "Hi I am from southern Nevada" and they are like "ohhhh.." haha.  This past week just flew by and I can not believe I am leaving tomorrow at 5:30 this in the morning! It is going to be a crazy day but I am so excited I have butterflies. I am nervous about meeting my trainer because I seriously got sooo lucky with Sister Rajah. She is my other half and we work and teach together really well. She as almost as sarcastic as I am and we are both really scared for our trainers but hopefully they can whip us into shape more. We started doing chat on mormon.org and it has been interesting. We get some real gems on that thing. You know on mormon.org the little thing that says "chat with us?" yeah thats us sister missionaries. I am not sure how I feel about it yet haha we get some real winners that only want to fight. Sister Rajah and I just laugh and try not to loose the spirit. Its kinda cool being "persecuted" sometimes. I feel like a real servant of the Lord because of it. Again I am pretty bummed that I dont get to call home but it will be okay. Ive learned the mission isnt really about what i want :) I hope everyone is doing well and recovering from the flood of the Earth! So theres talk that an apostle will be speaking tonight at the devotional so that might be cool. There was also talk of this last week and that was false information. We got to hear from Tad R. Callister on sunday and he gave a mind blowing talk. At this point I feel like the MTC is my mission since its the only thing I know so far but thankfully thats not the case.  I am so grateful for my mission and for the experience I have had even in these 3 short/long weeks. Thank you so much for your love, support, and prayers. I can truly feel the love and it makes my days soo much better. Wish me luck! this week is going to be GRRREAAATT!

                                              Much love, Sister Leavitt <3

p.s thanks for the socks and abundance of treats.
p.s.s keep em coming. 

Sister Dutra and I in the T2 lounge


Sister selfie is too strong. No filter!

This is my life now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment