Friday, July 31, 2015

Monday, July 27, 2015

Hello Family!
It has been another great week in Hayward! Yes there was an earthquake in the middle of the night. I think it was Wednesday? I thought it was the second coming for sure and then I was a little disappointed when it wasn't. I have been going to play tennis in the mornings for exercise and I get my trash kicked by my Congolese companion erdayy. 

Our investigators are doing about the same. We had a special fast yesterday with hopes and prayers for a baptism this transfer. We are praying that our investigators will get their butts in gear and stop smoking weed like a chimney :( All 3 of our progressing investigators have that problem. 

This week we found a new investigator named Mercy. We actually met her in the parking lot of our apartment complex. When we saw her she was a bawling mess. So we approached her and asked her what was wrong. She explained that she recently lost her only daughter and child to a heart disease just about a month ago. She agreed to have us come back to teach her. On Saturday we brought a sweet member with us and had a powerful lesson on the Plan of Salvation. She agreed to come to church sunday but when we went to get her yesterday morning she was having a bad time so she didn't come. She says she will this week so we hope so. I know that God answers every ones prayers and loves his children so much.

I am grateful for this opportunity that I have to share the true gospel of Jesus Christ. It has strengthened me as an individual in so many ways. Have a fantabulous week!

Love, Sister Leavitt
I love my bigger little brother :)
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Hey sweet sis Leavitt, feel free to give Mercy my info. Heart disease I understand and I will help in any way that I can! Love you!
    Natalie

    ReplyDelete